48 Hour Logo for EffingPC

BryanLee

Reaction score
Just want some opinions on my 48 hour logo contest. I still have a day to go but i would like to know what you guys think so far.

48logo.jpg

48logo_2.jpg

I personally love the very last one.... Its funny.. catchy.. and something that people might remember when they see it.

In the end the logo should reflect you and your business or its concept.. My little blue guy has gotten me a lot of work :)

It's your choice of name that concerns me. I think a lot of people might be offended by the name. What is meant by the title Effing, says to me that it is short for your f****** pc needs fixing. I find the name offensive and think you need to come up with another name. Just my opinion, no offense meant.

I think its a great name. He has also stated in another thread, that people haven't got offended; specially by those he thought might be offended (I'm guessing the elderly and/or religious type folk)

#7 and bottom-right for me too.

#14 (top-left) or even #16 would look really good on the front of a glossy business card though..

Bottom-right my least favourite.

I get the idea, and I guess you know the local culture. Personally, I would be careful with associating the act of swearing with my business name. That's neither motivated by prurient nor prudish tendencies, I just think its risky. And its a significant risk to take where income is involved.

A lot of the designs are a bit 'in your face', IMO, IE, #$%&!

Its almost as though you're saying that will be the reaction from customers who deal with you. Which worries me. (if thats how I read it, chances are some customers might too)

I think subtlety is the key here to not giving the wrong impression. In that regard, I like the one that spells the name EFF!NG PC, which makes the joke effectively, but is sufficiently more subtle than the "spelled out" (albeit censored) variants.

This preference doesnt relate to the design form of that particular article, which I think is probably weaker than some of the other examples. But thats a simple issue to revise on 48hourslogo. The underlying concept I think is more important to get right, as it will convey more of a message.

So I like the concept, but I think subtlety is key to executing it effectively.

Just my 5c

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts and take it for what's it worth, just my opinion. I heard some time ago that your logo should not have words it, but rather shapes, objects, designed art, etc. Many large businesses have logos and then fonts that we all recognize to go with the logo. So I recommend using the little smily face with the swearing bubble as your logo, then get you can add in fonts, etc...as you need them in different marketing. Not everyone is going to have that font.

That smiley and bubble crack me up!

But if you are looking for the logo for just your website and business card and online stuff and don't plan on using it anywhere else, then #7 as is, is my choice. Edited to add, it would go with your name better if it was "In the monitor" instead of the other swearing in the monitor. Just a thought. Then it combines computer irriation with something other than just a floating head swearing lol

Here are my thoughts and take it for what's it worth, just my opinion. I heard some time ago that your logo should not have words it, but rather shapes, objects, designed art, etc. Many large businesses have logos and then fonts that we all recognize to go with the logo. So I recommend using the little smily face with the swearing bubble as your logo, then get you can add in fonts, etc...as you need them in different marketing. Not everyone is going to have that font.

That smiley and bubble crack me up!

But if you are looking for the logo for just your website and business card and online stuff and don't plan on using it anywhere else, then #7 as is, is my choice. Edited to add, it would go with your name better if it was "In the monitor" instead of the other swearing in the monitor. Just a thought. Then it combines computer irriation with something other than just a floating head swearing lol

I agree #7 is freaking awesome

I don't find the name offensive but it is perhaps a tad unprofessional. However at least people will remember it. My business name is so boring and has been a big mistake because people forgot who I am :(

I will take memorable over politically correct anyday. The few customers that I may lose will be greatly offeset by all of the customers who can actually remember who I am long enough to return or tell a friend. My service (unlike the name) is always nothing less than professional.

Thanks for all the input on the logos. I'm going to go with the first one. It is less cartoonish and gets the point across without being too "in your face".

Back