[SOLVED] Client wants someone to hack Facebook to get him back into his account

Appletax

Reaction score
Solution: S.O.L.

---

Past client asked me for help with resetting his Facebook password as all his passwords he has for his various accounts do not work.

I sent him the password reset and account recovery Facebook links and he tried both and still can't get in. To my knowledge, there is nothing else that can be done, especially by me.

He said: "I did create a new account but feel there has got to be a way for a professional hacker to reset my 2021 Facebook password."

Do such services exist? I am guessing that maybe he'd have to have someone access The Dark Web and take a huge risk on ordering this kind of service. Very much so might get screwed bad. I bet it would be very expensive to have someone actually do it. It would probably be quite the task to make happen.

What should I tell him? "You're SOL"?

Last edited:

Pretty much. And remind him of the importance of keeping track of his passwords, and keeping his account recovery info (email & phone) current on any account he doesn't want to risk losing.

I know someone who has opened at least half a dozen Facebook accounts because, she says, FB keeps changing her password. 🤣 The reality is she keeps forgetting her password, and her written records are such a jumbled mess of scribbling that she can never find the right one.

Last edited:
Pretty much. And remind him of the importance of keeping track of his passwords, and keeping his account recovery info (email & phone) current on any account he doesn't want to risk losing.

I know someone who has opened at least half a dozen Facebook accounts because, she says, FB keeps changing her password. 🤣 The reality is she keeps forgetting her password, and her written records are such a jumbled mess of scribbling that she can never find the right one.

I just had one of these yesterday. Had an AOL email account with another old AOL email as a recovery. They hadn't used the recovery for years. Thankfully the phone number on the account was correct and was able to reset it. The recovery email was added back in the year 2000 lol.

Other passwords were written on the edge of papers and envelopes lol. Was a mess.

Passwords are the first set of keys to one's cyber-kingdoms, and I definitely use the approach that @backwoodsman does when I encounter a situation like this one.

It's been a long, slow slog, but among my clients, virtually all of them now realize how vital record-keeping for passwords of some sort that's organized actually is. That and they understand that these records need to be set up to pass to their executors and, if necessary, be available to their power(s) of attorney should the need arise.

Past client asked me for help with resetting his Facebook password as all his passwords he has for his various accounts do not work.

I sent him the password reset and account recovery Facebook links and he tried both and still can't get in. To my knowledge, there is nothing else that can be done, especially by me.

He said: "I did create a new account but feel there has got to be a way for a professional hacker to reset my 2021 Facebook password."

Do such services exist? I am guessing that maybe he'd have to have someone access The Dark Web and take a huge risk on ordering this kind of service. Very much so might get screwed bad. I bet it would be very expensive to have someone actually do it. It would probably be quite the task to make happen.

Lol professional hackers break into Facebook accounts by tricking end users into giving up their known passwords. A hacker good enough to bust into Facebook isn’t going to waste time with your client. They will just break in and scam thousands of users for money or load ransomware on the service and try and blackmail them for 7 figures.

The so called hackers are simply scammers themselves. Once a FB account has been breached, as in the attacker has changed the users email address, there is no return. Even if one sends in a DNA sample to FB they still will not give the user access. One needs to be proactive in protecting social media accounts and use security measures such as locking profile and implementing 2FA etc. It is a learning curve in this situation for the user unfortuanatly.

Back