Dell refurbished machines

Aussieitsupport

Reaction score
Hi All!

What are peoples thoughts on Dell Australia refurbished machines, purchased direct from Dell? Do they look as new? Has anyone had any problems with next business day warranty etc?

Anyone resell these on to customers? Obvs making them aware they’re buying refurb as discounted cost.

TIA

Direct from Dell meaning that they're current machines that were ordered then shipped back?

Generally if I'm doing refurbs it's 2-4 year old off-lease machines for general office use.

Anyone resell these on to customers?
I have, but only when they have a clearance sale on their factory outlet: www.dell.com.au/dfo
Otherwise they would be too expensive to mark up.

Quality was excellent (as new condition) on the basic Inspiron laptops I purchased. From what I hear, condition is always excellent, some are refurbs others are 'ex-demo' or excess stock.

When reselling refurbs I just warrant them myself (6 months if under $400, 1 year if over) and haven't ever had to use my supplier's warranty. When you buy them cheap, the occasional issue you just fix yourself or refund the customer and absorb the cost.

Lattitudes are better
Of course, but the price was very low for essentially new laptops. I get some customers that want newer models, and these would be much more expensive if they were Latitudes. I don't over-charge for consumer-grade refurbs and I actually tell buyers that the older business-grade refurbs would last them longer.

I actually tell buyers that the older business-grade refurbs would last them longer.
Exactly. I will only sell or recommend to my home users. If they insist on NEW, I tell them to find a computer with the same specs as the one I offer including a SSD and look at the price compared to wht I offer and most say they will take mine.

I've never bought refurbs via OEM's. Over here the price points are not that attractive irrespective of the OEM's. Especially Apple. Like others have mentioned find an outlet for off lease business class machines. I use those for consumers as well as some business customers who have simple needs.

Thanks, interesting feedback.

On the UK and US Dell Outlet stores there is a lot of great deals/pricing on business machines. These are sometimes new unopened products. Does this occur less on the Aus Dell refurb site?

Obvs buying Dell business class machines can be expensive even when purchasing through Dell partner pricing, can anyone recommend the best channel in Australia for purchasing Dell kit? This is mainly in terms of pricing.

Direct from Dell meaning that they're current machines that were ordered then shipped back?

Generally if I'm doing refurbs it's 2-4 year old off-lease machines for general office use.
Yes I think Dell refurb or mainly certified rerfurb by Dell, cancellation orders and probably off lease

can anyone recommend the best channel in Australia for purchasing Dell kit? This is mainly in terms of pricing.
Are you asking about distributors for new Dell product?
Apart from the big ones (Ingram, Synnex and DickerData) there's a small distie called XIT Distribution that sometimes has good pricing for a small selection of Dell models such as Dell Latitude 3590.

Im a Dell Reseller so I mainly deal in new machines. However, I do sell refurbs occasionally. Of the 3 dozen or so refurbs I have sold over the past 4 years, I only have had 2 that were non working out the box. Dell was quick to do a refund before I even boxed them back up to ship back to them.

When looking over their list of refurbs, you ALWAYS want the B+ to A+ as they will look basically new.

Back