[REQUEST] How do I install EarlyStart?

Appletax

Reaction score

I have been trying to find a solution that will make Signal RGB load up faster upon startup/logging in. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if the lights switched from rainbow mode to a different mode of the user's choice.

One attempt involved disabling Signal RGB from starting up by using Task Manager, and then using Task Scheduler. It did not make and difference.

I came across this EarlyStart program that "launches programs before Windows Explorer when opening a session." Sounds promising.

The ReadMe section says to go to the releases page to download the software. There's only one release on that page, which is the very first release of this program from back in 2018.

I am confused. They have multiple newer files on the main page of the program. Do I download them? There's EarlyStart.Package and EarlyStart.Service, and more.

I have virtually no experience with GitHub so I am a total noob on this.

Under Releases, click Initial release. Click EarlyStart.zip on the page that opens and save then run it.

Done. I see it in Task Manager's Processes tab and it shows up after rebooting.

Seems odd that they only ever released a single versions back in 2018. Guess the code must be perfect lol.

The final step is confusing. It says to create a file in your home folder (C:/Users/User, I'm assuming) and put the command lines of programs you want to start.

Problem: which type of file do I create? Would be nice if they specified.

I created a Notepad text document file named '.earlystart' and put this command in it:

C:\Users\User's Name\AppData\Local\VortxEngine\SignalRgbLauncher.exe

Using Task Manager's CPU up time, I timed the time to load the program and change the RGB at around 43 seconds when EarlyStart is on and when it's off.

So, either this program ain't making a lick of difference, or it's not configured properly (specifically the "file" that I created).

Another thought is that maybe this program is just too big and complicated to load super fast.

No big deal if I can't cut the time down. Just thought it would be nice to have it load faster, and that it's fun learning how to do this.

Last edited:
Download the latest release from the Releases page on GitHub. It should include all the necessary files like EarlyStart.Package and EarlyStart.Service. Follow the ReadMe instructions to set it up. If you hit a snag, just ask for help.

Download the latest release from the Releases page on GitHub. It should include all the necessary files like EarlyStart.Package and EarlyStart.Service. Follow the ReadMe instructions to set it up. If you hit a snag, just ask for help.
I did this and it's either not working or it can't speed up Signal RGB. I uninstalled it.

Back