My PC is having trouble booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D.Kaler

Hi guys, just a preface, while I'm getting into PCs atm, I'm not as savvy as you lot yet so please be gentle haha.

I bought a PC from a custom PC builders and it worked fine for 4~ years or so until it started having an issue where the case lit up and the fans would spin. No output to monitors, it wouldn't boot and peripherals wouldn't light up. After discussions with the manufacturer I was told to replace the Mobo, but as it was so old, new boards wouldn't accept my CPU/RAM so I bought new ones of those too.

Fast forward to last monday, I built my new PC with the new Mobo/CPU/RAM and old GPU/PSU/SSD/HDD and it worked great, woohoo! However on Wednesday it had exactly the same problem as the old one! Fans spin and light up, monitor shows nothing and peripherals don't light up either. Thursday it booted fine, and I assumed it had fixed itself, and the problem is back today!

I removed the GPU/RAM and didn't hear any beep codes, I reseated everything and made sure all the cables were firmly attached. If I unplug the HDD/SSD it still doesn't work. I'm very confused and honestly have no idea what to do. The mobo has 2 lights lit up (which might be warning lights but it doesn't say in the manual what they are) labelled BOOT and VGA.

Many thanks in advance!

Components
Motherboard:
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 8 GB) 3000MHz
GPU: Powercolor AMD 270x 2 GB
PSU: Corsair CX600
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB

From your profile "Computer User (not a technician)"
This forum is for Computer Repair Professionals who either own, run or work in an IT support business. We do not offer end user support. A quick search will help you locate forums for do-it-yourself end user support like wwww.bleepingcomputer.com

My advice would be to take it to a professional in your area.

@Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back