Office install erorr: 30094-39 ... WTF

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
Brand new Dell with a fresh load of W10 from my image running W10 1909.

Client didn't want to pay for office so I installed open office. This system never had office pre-installed on it. As stated before it I installed W10 using a fresh 1909 image I have so it never had pre-installed office apps.

He didn't like Open Office so I have him buy Office 365 Apps (Business) not a personal account.

No matter what when I go to install it I get the Office splash screen then a couple seconds later Error 30094-39

I've tried:

32-Bit install
64-Bit install

Install normally
Run as Administrator
Move install executable to C:\Install
Ran Office clean-up tool (did not detect office)
Uninstalled OneDrive
Uninstalled Skype
Turned Firewall off
Created a temp admin account to try and install on a fresh account
Attempted to install using the O365 Offline Installer (After downloading install files)
Removed anything referring to Office from start menu
Emptied temp files

Computer is about a month old Dell with minimal things installed on it.

Intel i5
12GB Ram
1TB Samsung NVme SSD
W10 Pro (1909)
AV is Windows Defender

All of the above results in error 30094-39

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
The root of this seems to be a previous installation. Since it was a Dell, it came with a pre-installed click-to-run version of Office. Did you remove that? Here is a thread from Microsoft's forum, like the top google result.

Honestly, if it has minimal other stuff, I'd just nuke it and start with a fresh install.

The root of this seems to be a previous installation. Since it was a Dell, it came with a pre-installed click-to-run version of Office. Did you remove that? Here is a thread from Microsoft's forum, like the top google result.

Honestly, if it has minimal other stuff, I'd just nuke it and start with a fresh install.

The computer came with the pre-installed click-to-run but I upgraded the SSD in the system to a Samsung SSD and CLEAN install of Windows 10 at that point it had nothing in it and I built from there.

Doing a fresh install on a computer that has been deployed for a month that took me two hours to setup for the client then coming back to reinstall it isn't really an option that's probably 3-4 hours of unbillable time. Computer works fine otherwise.

that's probably 3-4 hours of unbillable time.
Why is it unbillable? Software problems aren't your fault. If they want Office, they're going to have to pay to have it installed/set up whether it takes 10 minutes or 10 hours. Let them know that something's gone screwy with the installation of Windows and you've gotta start over from scratch if they want Office. They can always say no.

Why is it unbillable? Software problems aren't your fault. If they want Office, they're going to have to pay to have it installed/set up whether it takes 10 minutes or 10 hours. Let them know that something's gone screwy with the installation of Windows and you've gotta start over from scratch if they want Office. They can always say no.

Kind of a hard sell telling a client that a computer that I installed for him a month ago that he bought from me now has a corrupted windows installation and he needs to pay another $400.

Also now discovered that the system will not install Windows updates which is probably related

Some update files aren't signed correctly. Error code: (0x800b0100)

Kind of a hard sell telling a client that a computer that I installed for him a month ago that he bought from me now has a corrupted windows installation and he needs to pay another $400.
It's no different than a new car getting hail damage. Stuff happens. It's not the manufacturer's fault there was a hail storm. You can live with the damage or pay to get it fixed (i.e. pay to have Windows reinstalled in order to get Office). Those are your options.

Remove 3rd party AV software if present... reboot
Run these:
SFC /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

then install office.

If that doesn't work, I smell either bad RAM or a defective SSD, which manifests like this too.

I just did this yesterday for a client that was getting a strange error that would crash outlook when it tried to send an email.

In case anyone is wondering I just installed 2004 after imaging the drive (ballsy I know) on top, and it corrected the windows update issue.

Back