Oh, come off it, Apple...

Mick

Reaction score
Just saw an ad in the paper for the new MacBook Pro. It has a 13" screen! It has eight - yes, count 'em - eight GB RAM! It has a totally massive 256 GB SSD!! And here's the best bit: It is ONLY 1700.00 GBP!!!

Honestly, how do Apple do it for the money??

Guess you haven't seen this. Makes me sad to think of the 70 year old "artist" that "needs" a machine like this to color correct her photos before she paints them (just sent this as a quote to a client):

upload_2018-5-30_14-34-2.png

Just saw an ad in the paper for the new MacBook Pro. It has a 13" screen! It has eight - yes, count 'em - eight GB RAM! It has a totally massive 256 GB SSD!! And here's the best bit: It is ONLY 1700.00 GBP!!!

The best part is the keyboard. It feels like you're "typing" on an empty table with absolutely NO tactile response. Not to mention the early keyboard failures that Apple is being sued for now. I mean, seriously. You don't destroy the main input device on a computer just to make it 1mm thinner. If Apple were really about innovation, they'd stop this RIDICULOUS obsession with thinness and instead engineer new, lighter materials. I'd be fine with a 3" thick laptop so long as it wasn't heavy. As a nice bonus, it would be a LOT easier to work on.

And you can't even upgrade the RAM or storage later on if you want too!

I can only imagine the machine I could build for 7 grand.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I have a MacBook Pro 13" like new (2015) with an i7 3.0 that a customer sold me for $300 last November because she needed money to move out of state. Plopped a 500 GB 860 SSD in it and gave it to my daughter for college. Still working fine. Not bad for less than $400.

Back