Please assist with Stop error 0x0000008E

Again, since I couldn't get the original BIOS screen to come up I tried to repeat if from memory (two days ago). I should not have said "512 cache," but there was another line i cannot remember. Yes that is a windows boot option screen. when you try F2 (for diagnostic utilities) that's what comes up; not the BIOS screen. I thing Dr. Micro is right, there must be a BIOS user password and a supervisor's password. Will speak with the owner about that. I'll look again at your post 15 studiot.

I will see the owner about any other passwords they may not have given to me. If it is unavailable, I assume I will need to remove the battery on the board to reset the BIOS.

I will see the owner about any other passwords they may not have given to me. If it is unavailable, I assume I will need to remove the battery on the board to reset the BIOS.

If that's the case, and no one knows the supervisors password, you have no other choice. NB: this is a lot of work that you're doing for free. Why is that?

If there are any passwords set

Then

The system must give you a screen to input them.

Otherwise they are useless!

Did you come to such a screen?

I am deducing, from your posts so far, that you did not.

Therefore you have not yet got to the right place.

Are you quick enough with F2 right as you press the on button and before you see anything on the screen?

I don't understand why you are 'posting from your memory' - you said you were doing the repair over the weekend.

A further thought - is this machine old enough to have a floppy drive?

Back