Rack mounting a APC UPS

freedomit

Reaction score
So customer has a APC 4U UPS that I’m trying to rack mount. The problem is that the instructions show mounting it to a rack with pillars that have two sets of front facing holes. They use the read holes to mount support brackets and the front holes to lock down the UPS wing brackets. My rack however has one set of front facing holes and another at 90 degrees facing left/right. This means I can mount the support brackets but they are too far forward so it’s unstable resting on them and also can’t be properly secured. What am I missing here and how can I get this mounted properly?

Pics attached...

96d5bd3a398a4a111c66581eac8557eb.jpg

c880b38646fd903c3a6c9b3e454f160a.jpg

Yes further down in the manual it shows 4 post rack mounting and mentions the 4 post kit.

Thanks all, I wrongly assumed it would just fit but looks like it needs these special 4 post rails.

I've never seen a UPS that you can mount on a 2 post.
I don't think I would trust the weight of a UPS on any kind of 2 post mounting either.

I've never seen a UPS that you can mount on a 2 post.
I don't think I would trust the weight of a UPS on any kind of 2 post mounting either.

I always recommend a 4 post rack, with locking doors and casters, but I have inherited some 2 post racks. When mounted properly, they're ok on a 2 post. This video shows how to do it, and you can see that the weight is centered up between the rack rails.

http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156552/

I particularly like that they show how to screw in each individual screw. So many videos just assume that people know what to do with a screwdriver and a handful of screws. /s

Back