Realtek AC97 Audio Driver on Windows 7

Edge Tech NY

Reaction score
I have a friend who just did a install of windows 7 on his HP. Everythings works but it says the audio device cannot be started.. anyone have experiance with this? I unistalled/reinstalled a few drivers, nothing works yet. thanks

hi
since most of us havnt used win 7 much, your best bet would be to google the problem, I did, and found some forums with some guys complaining about it, but I belive there is a vista/win7 driver out there have you tried that, ( uninstall the old drivers first)

Abe

/www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=realtek+ac97+audio+on+windows+7&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited:
Windows 7 is Beta software, therefore you should be reporting issues with Microsoft.

That said Vista drivers should be compatible with Windows 7 as it's based on the same platform. I also read today that Windows 7 will run older software that ran under XP but won't run under Vista.

tried both ways.. 7 updates the dirver with its own version also, so its not like it doesnt recognize the sound card.. i havnt had the chance to check the admin tools and goto services and find the sound card and make sure its turned on/auto.. i cant think of anything else.. it was working fine the day before with XP.. thanks

Back