Recommendation for a B&W Laser Wifi Printer?

Velvis

Reaction score
I have an elderly neighbor who currently drags out her printer out of a closet in order to connect via USB and she is interested in getting a wifi printer to avoid that.

She does not need color, fax, or scanning. Just a B&W laser.

Her laptop is an older model so a printer that also doesn't install 45 different programs and other bloatware garbage is a requirement as well.

Any suggestions?

Virtually any WiFi printer will do, as Windows has drivers for virtually any one you can name from any maker you can name.

That being said, has she considered a USB extension cord or (if possible) ethernet to the current printer?

I just installed one for an elderly customer for exactly that reason. I'm partial to Brother, and ordered a reconditioned (looked new) laser all-in-one from Walmart, of all places. It wanted to install 300MB worth of software but works just fine with only the driver. Walmart has a printer-only model with wifi for $94 on their website.

Also historically the HP Laserjet 5si drivers have worked for non HP printers and most HP laser printers I haven't had to resort to those drivers in over 5 yrs so current effectiveness as a solution may not measure up.

@frase's recommendation for the Brother HL-2350DW is spot on. Since I wouldn't recommend an HP to my worst enemy these days, we sell a lot of these. They are pretty much bulletproof.

Reactions: GTP
Back