Stupid Lenovo cannot get into BIOS or Boot menu!!

exodus

Reaction score
tearing my hair out here......

guy brought a Ideapad 330s-15AST in with failed/bungled win10 install

I need to reinstall from my usb stick but...

nothing gets to bios or boot menu

f12 f1 f2 function+ those keys...Ive tried F-everything!!

the novo hole in the side gets no response

any ideas?

hey guys, please pay attention

Yes, that's the best way to encourage us to help you. As a wise man once said:

2. when people are rude just remind them....."don't speak to me like that".

Anyway, back to the issue at hand.

I've already spoken about your suggestions in my original post.

You mentioned that "the novo hole in the side gets no response", but you didn't confirm that you've tried it from a powered-off state (as both @Gegen Stück and @Porthos suggested). Have you tried it from a powered-off state, and what happened?

Also, depending on how badly installed Windows 10 is you might be able to force it into automatic repair, which gives you access to a number of options that might help. Have you tried that?

Last edited:
Tried using a usb keyboard?

I had a brand new lenevo a couple weeks ago. Ideapad don't remember which model. Customer tried setting it up themselves. For no apparent reason the keyboard just quit working. I could not figure it out. I plugged in usb keyboard and just did a fresh install from usb drive and all was good again. Still no idea what happened to cause it. Didn't see any kind of way to disable the keyboard on there anywhere.

Yes, that's the best way to encourage us to help you. As a wise man once said:

Anyway, back to the issue at hand.

You mentioned that "the novo hole in the side gets no response", but you didn't confirm that you've tried it from a powered-off state (as both @Gegen Stück and @Porthos suggested). Have you tried it from a powered-off state, and what happened?

Also, depending on how badly installed Windows 10 is you might be able to force it into automatic repair, which gives you access to a number of options that might help. Have you tried that?

Turn it on then force shutdown before windows boots up (3 times I think) to force it into recovery, this can be harder if the system has an NVme SSD in it because it boots so quickly. If it boots at all, or you can fix it enough to boot then you can restart the system while holding shift to force it into recovery mode.

I've been in that situation before and I can't say there is an exact science to it ... some of these new laptops never seem to shutdown properly and just keep getting into some quick boot, fast shutdown mode.

Back