Customizing Ammyy

ell

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased Ammyy after using it for quite a while. I am wanting to have it hosted on the cloud (although I'm having trouble finding a host that accepts it, seems everyone thinks its a virus!) and download by the client but I want to add a password and my logo, but I can't find anyplace on the site that tells how to do it! I can add a password to it then sent it to a client but there is no password stored on their end when they run it.:confused:

They don't provide support or documentation when you but it?

Yup, I downloaded the manual, but nothing there, it tells how to do it on my end, but as soon as its sent to on another pc its gone. I think theres a customizer or something but I can't find it. I submitted a support ticket, really annoyed. I want to put a permanent password on the app I submit to clients, already had one hacker hop on a session.

They will send you instructions, which will read . .
The application AmmyyCustomizer.exe is made for customers who have Ammyy Admin Business license and has ability:

1. replacing logo in Ammyy_Admin.exe
2. adding link to your website (in about dialog of Ammyy_Admin.exe)
3. predefining private Router into Ammyy_Admin.exe
4. predefining access permissions and passwords into Ammyy_Admin.exe

How to use:
1. Download AmmyyCustomizer.exe http://www.ammyy.com/distr/AmmyyCustomizer.exe
2. Download the latest version of Ammyy_Admin.exe and save it to disk http://www.ammyy.com/AMMYY_Admin.exe
3. Prepare ONE ico file of your logo which has 3 sizes (16х16, 32х32, 48х48) or you can skip this step.
4. Run AmmyyCustomizer.exe
5. Provide path to Ammyy_Admin.exe
6. If you need, provide path to your ico file
7. If you need, enter url of your website, for example http://www.mysite.com
8. If you need, enter ip of your private router and ports, for example 11.22.33.44:443,80,8080
9. If you need, press “Ammyy Permissions” and predefine access permissions.
10. Press «Update!» button

Other:
1) The digital signature of Ammyy Group will be removed after updating of Ammyy_Admin.exe. We allow and recommend you to resign of updated Ammyy_Admin.exe by your digital signature (you can use signcode.exe tool)

If you set the private router or Ammyy Permissions , these settings will apply only first run of updated exe, after user can overwrite these settings manually.
I place the customized executable in my DropBox Public folder and post the link to it on my web site. When the customer downloads and runs it, I just tell them to accept and allow all related prompts. They may have to temporarily disable their A-V to run it, after which you may be able to set it as an exception. Some A-Vs make that impossible, though, because they don't allow any exceptions.

Back again, trying to add my custom icon, I created it with Photoshop but I'm getting an error:

"incorrect ico file, imagecount=1, should be 3 images"

I assume I need 3 icon sizes, which I then made and put in a Icon folder, still doesn't work, even tried adding 3 layers into the Photoshop file.

"incorrect ico file, imagecount=1, should be 3 images"

I assume I need 3 icon sizes, which I then made and put in a Icon folder, still doesn't work, even tried adding 3 layers into the Photoshop file.

I've never done any Ammyy customisation, but I'm guessing it requires the 3 icon sizes to be inside a single icon file. Icon files can contain multiple sizes.

I think Quick Any2Ico (free) should be able to do it for you.

They will send you instructions, which will read . . I place the customized executable in my DropBox Public folder and post the link to it on my web site. When the customer downloads and runs it, I just tell them to accept and allow all related prompts. They may have to temporarily disable their A-V to run it, after which you may be able to set it as an exception. Some A-Vs make that impossible, though, because they don't allow any exceptions.

I'm running into problems with norton 360 blocking it, no matter what my client can't get ammyy to stay open even after disabling norton (not sure if she totally disabled it though), agh. Wish there was a script or batch file I could send to her to disable norton. What do you do in these situations? Send them to teamviewer or something?

Here are my notes:
Configuring scans in Norton 360 Version 4.0 to exclude specific drives, folders or files
Add exclusion to Auto-Protect and Risk scan

Start Norton 360.

Click Settings.

Click Antivirus.

On the Scans and Risks tab, under Exclusion/Low Risks, click Configure next to Scan Exclusions.

Under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

Click OK.

Under Real Time Protection Exclusions, click Add.

Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.
You might have to use some other N360-compatible remote support app to do this if not on site, as it's a bit much asking your client to do it. I usually set it up when I have the customers PC or am on-site.

thanks Larry this is a tough one my client is a paraplegic she can barely control the mouse I'm thinking I might just email her the link to the TeamViewer app and try to change norton from there. everything was working fine until I reinstalled her Norton after virus cleanup

YW. One of my clients is a quadraplegic also, and uses Norton Prime. I *hate* Norton anything, and McAfee and BitDefender because of their heavy-handedness. Said client uses a small device that sits atop the LCD screen and radiates an infrared beam of light that reflects off his glasses to control the mouse position. Pausing on an on-screen virtual keyboard key translates in to a click (or double-click?). He plays online poker like a fanatic, uses Dragon Naturally Speaking for correspondence, and uses a voice-controlled device attached to his wheelchair to answer the phone, make calls, control the TV, etc. Phenomenal guy!

YW. One of my clients is a quadraplegic also, and uses Norton Prime. I *hate* Norton anything, and McAfee and BitDefender because of their heavy-handedness. Said client uses a small device that sits atop the LCD screen and radiates an infrared beam of light that reflects off his glasses to control the mouse position. Pausing on an on-screen virtual keyboard key translates in to a click (or double-click?). He plays online poker like a fanatic, uses Dragon Naturally Speaking for correspondence, and uses a voice-controlled device attached to his wheelchair to answer the phone, make calls, control the TV, etc. Phenomenal guy!

wow, he really is, my client uses dragon and just windows ease of access, she can move one hand, her mouse is backwards, etc so its actually easier for me to do repairs remotely, working on site is next to impossible with the tight space and gear everywhere. I will have to learn to tell clients to disable their antivirus in the future, if they can!

Hello, I recently started using the ammyy admin and am trying to customizer the account, but I'm unable to do this because every time I try to update, I get error 32. Do you know how to fix this issue? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello, I recently started using the ammyy admin and am trying to customizer the account, but I'm unable to do this because every time I try to update, I get error 32. Do you know how to fix this issue? I appreciate any help you can provide.

On the "being new to this" front, it is considered bad netiquette to necropost, that is, revive long dead (we're looking at just short of 10 years for this topic) topics even if one has a question about the same thing.

Too much changes in that period of time for virtually anything said 10 years ago to be relevant today. If you don't find a topic that's roughly 6 months or less in age, please start a new one of your own. Also, when it comes to anything erroring out, giving the exact steps to replicate is one of the most vital steps to getting a resolution. It allows potential assistants to do exactly what you have been doing and/or to recognize where you may have skipped some tiny step.

I tried everything step by step, but I still don't understand why I can’t solve the issue.

You ignored what I said entirely. We have no idea what steps you've taken and we can't and don't read minds. When you are seeking help like this it makes sense to actually give the exact steps you have taken so others can:
1. Try them to see what result they get.
2. Examine them to see if something's missing, and it often is.

Part of determining what the problem is involves replicating it elsewhere. No one can do that without knowing what it is you actually did.

followed these steps below one by one, but I'm still unable to update.

The application AmmyyCustomizer.exe is made for customers who have Ammyy Admin Business license and has ability:

How to use:

2. Download the latest version of Ammyy Admin on website www.ammyy.com and save it to disk
  3. Prepare ONE ico file of your logo which has 3 sizes (16х16, 32х32, 48х48) or you can skip this step.
  8. If you need, enter ip of your private router and ports, for example 11.22.33.44:443,80,8080
Press «Update!» button

followed these steps below one by one, but I'm still unable to update.

How to use:

2. Download the latest version of Ammyy Admin on website www.ammyy.com and save it to disk
Press «Update!» button
Ding! Ding! Ding! You win the award for resurrecting a 10 year old thread!

Back