Unifi Update Issue

Velvis

Reaction score
I had a USG fail today. I replaced it with a Unifi Gateway Lite.

I can't adopt it, It attempts to but then says it can't connect to the device which I think might be related to my V2 cloud key needs to be updated "Network Server Update Required"

When I try to follow their directions: https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/7605005245975-How-to-Update-UniFi

It mentions going to the Applications screen of the Unifi Console which I am unable to find.

Any one have any suggestions?

Haven't used cloud keys in a while now, but my biggest confusion was always remembering that the web-interface of the cloud key itself was a separate thing from the controller application, which runs on the cloud key and has it's own web interface. The firmware of the cloud key may need to be updated, and then the controller application itself needs to be updated, too.

Is your Cloud Key running 8.0.7 or later? According to the product page: "Managed with UniFi Network 8.0.7 and later"

Post details of the cloud key.....like TS said above...it's gotta be at least that version.

FYI, the USG3p...likely failed due to the power supply. We had several dozen out in service, noticed their power supplies failed a lot...and I mean..a lot. Purchase a box of 3rd party ones...which we replace right away to get the client running (back then)..and then now...it gives us time to swap out the gateway with a new one at a planned time. (since the old USG3p and USG Pro 4 have officially been retired/EOL'd)

Back