Advice, possibly need ref. for Vancouver BC

DohIForgot

Reaction score
Hey guys, this just doesn't smell right to me. If there's a tech in Vancouver BC that's willing to chase the lead down though, its fine with me.

Here's the request I got (with full history):

Hello Justin,

How are you doing today ? Thanks also for getting back to me.

The Laptops are Hp compaq NC6400 Intel Pentium M (I will be providing all the necessary software needed).Below are the things needed to be done one on each laptops:

1 Format Hard Drive
2 Install Win Xp with Service Pack 2
3 Install Microsoft Office Package
4 Install AVG Virus Software (Free Lifetime Updates)
5 Install Adobe Acrobat
6 Laptop Cleaning of the keyboard, screen and other case.
7 Diagnostics of the entire system after to check hard, CD Rom etc.

I am presently on a business workshop in Vancouver, BC,Canada and i want you to know that i will handle the shipment myself since i have a shipper from the state here that will bring the laptops to your place,and will pick them up as soon as you are done with them and my shipper will be coming with the necessary Software (with their licenses and keys) for the installations of the Computers with both the Operating System,Microsoft Office and the Anti-virus for each computers .

I should have make this a phone order but i have a network problem of where i am in Vancouver.

However,get back to me with your last asking price for the 9 laptops. I await your urgent response so that i can put the arrangement in order.

Thanks and hope to read from you soon.

Nicole.

> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:43:14 -0400
> Subject: Re: PC Repairer needed !
> From: [me]
> To: removed
> CC:removed
>
> Nicole,
>
> Thank you for emailing us!
>
> We would be more than happy to assist you with your laptops. Depending on
> what types of work you require, we would be able to do several things for
> you, to include standardizing your base install of software (so everything
> is the same on every laptop) as well as setting up security options for
> you across the board.
>
> If this is acceptable, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to
> discuss this over the phone at xxx or we can stop by your
> business to speak with you directly at your convenience.
>
> Justin
> Technician
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I read your listing and i want you to work on my company's newly
> > acquired laptops numbering 9(nine).
> >
> > Do get back to me with your availability if you are interested.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Nicole.
> >
>
>

Scam? No scam? No record of either email address on Google. If anyone wants her up there, I'll gladly pass on your name and phone number, just let me know. I expected her to be where I am and it just doesn't read right to me. Not to mention I don't need to start playing border hops with services...

Looks almost identical to something someone else posted here on the forums a little while back. I'd do a search and post a link to show you but I'm off today and too lazy.

Yea, I honestly feel a little stupid for posting it. Should have went with my gut and dealt with it. Guess I got nailed since I've been hitting Craigslist pretty hard the last 2 weeks. I gave up with that yesterday though, it's really not worth the time to post a free ad these days. Hoping my truck wrap pans out - should be done by Fri.

I try hard not to sound like an idiot but there are good days and bad days... A week without any calls is starting to get to me.

Sorry guys/gals. Next time I'll use my head and the search feature ;-)

Back