Can't disconnect hacker from Outlook.com account - connected using Active Exchange

So this is a great example of what Microsoft does to continue people to their business side.
However, it's bad business. Lots of people, including this guy, have pay MS accounts through work and free MS accounts for personal use. Microsoft pushes signing in with an MS account to all users, whether they want it or not, and many people just go along with the flow. Plenty of people don't trust Google (with good reason), so I've recommended people get free outlook.com account to replace hacker prone alternatives like AOL and Yahoo. Not offering the basic security option of logging out all existing sessions when an account is hacked leaves a bad taste in the mouths of potentially very powerful customers.

Last year I was fixing Outlook problems. This year I'm doing account management for an hour before I get to the real problem. This is a huge turn off for technicians too. Microsoft has done this by design, confusing everyone to the point of just get on their business apps for everyone and that's that. Then they will get rid of desktop apps and everything will be cloud/browser driven, forcing people to find other solutions.

M365 Personal and Family plans have support for custom domains for email use. Those plans have tech support for those emails built in too.

And no, account management isn't "confusing". Users are foolish for engaging with a cloud enabled world without proper safeguards. It's our job to teach them, and to bill accordingly.

And yes, desktop apps are dead. So are on premise servers. Everything is K8S and microservices. Congrats, you've finally joined 2021!

Most of us here are completely irrelevant, and will only see shrinking returns over time unless we adapt. I can build K8S and similar cloud infrastructures on premise... can you?

Outlook.com is a sales engine... yes this is truth. Microsoft needs smacked for making buttons that don't work certainly... but yes it's a sales engine. This too, should be apparent. NOTHING IS FREE. But there does still need to be control... and yeah... it seems we don't have it in this case. That's beyond bad.

Back