Client upset because mail is now going to spam after upgrading to Business Premium.

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
Client is getting upset because some of their emails are emails being filtered as spam now when they weren't before. This is due to some of their senders HARD FAILING Either SPF, DKIM, or DMARC.... or all three. I explained to her that some of their senders are failing domain validation checks and they are being filtered as spam. She's still not happy so I guess my only option is to disable this or this? I'm obviously not going to be whitelisting things manually on a case by case basis.

1724790489249.png

1724790473559.png

No, indeed. But that's what the CLIENT should be doing under circumstances such as this, and it's worth teaching her how.

There's zero chance I want any client in the admin center, yes I know you can whitelist from junk but just saying.

Wow...this day in age (2024)....I have not seen an "SPF failure" in....a looong time.
DKIM...yeah we still see a small handful of email flop because of that.

You can create your own custom Spam policies instead of Standard or Strict presets....and...manipulate those settings. But...as email systems around the globe keep tightening up...IMO...why push off the inevitable. Heck even Yapoop/AOIck started kicking those that failed DKIM/DMARC last year.

The importance of all that Defender and other goodness that comes with Biz Prem is simply too good to ignore.

I have a client who sent out 10 emails at once and it put him in some double secret probation blacklist of Microsoft. For two months, me, the vendor and Microsoft have been playing the "what's next game". It's down to him being in the junk mail of other exchange users mailboxes and a couple of other snags. Other than that, he had tons of problems which are mostly fixed. I fixed a bunch myself but sadly....this is the new game.

There's zero chance I want any client in the admin center, yes I know you can whitelist from junk but just saying.

I don't mean from the admin center. The end user can do this from Junk and/or Spam, and in circumstances like this should be taught how to do so.

We cannot handle absolutely, positively every possible eventuality when it comes to email, and end users do have to sometimes do some of this themselves.

But...as email systems around the globe keep tightening up...IMO...why push off the inevitable.

Because it's nowhere near to universal, yet. In the meantime, dealing with what actually exists "in the wild" is still required, whether we particularly care for what's required to do so "for the time being."

I cannot count the number of "inevitable" developments that have proven to be anything but, even when things get much, much better overall. There will always be exception handling of some sort, and one hopes that is as minimal as possible, but sometimes it's just not.

Back