[SOLVED] Loading live Ubuntu triggered BitLocker Recovery Key

Most the time, with those types of customers, I'll get a panic call "I cant find xxxxxx file(s)". "Where are you looking". " My backup drive". "Ok so just look for it on you computer". "It's not there because I moved it to the backup drive" "You only have a backup if you have an original file. All you did was move the original file somewhere else."

Yeah I've had a few people do that...had files just on like a flash drive or external hard drive...luckily sorted it out before it became a disaster.

Hooray! :D

The client found the BitLocker Recovery Key within her deceased husband's Microsoft Account. I looked in his account before and did not see any devices or subscriptions. Her own account lists the device/PC and has her Microsoft 365 subscription there. I unlocked the drive and transferred the data. Awesome. The client sure got lucky! I made sure that automatic encryption was not enabled on her new PC.

Hooray! :D

The client found the BitLocker Recovery Key within her deceased husband's Microsoft Account. I looked in his account before and did not see any devices or subscriptions. Her own account lists the device/PC and has her Microsoft 365 subscription there. I unlocked the drive and transferred the data. Awesome. The client sure got lucky! I made sure that automatic encryption was not enabled on her new PC.
Great perserverance your client will be totally elevating you to God status, achievement unlocked!

Back