Scammers are remoted into my client right now...

What bugs me the most about this scam going on is this (and not really in over a year since I stopped doing general tech support) is that they didn't want to buy my prepay tickets but gave up $300 to those idiots.

Exactly. The guy who I'm referencing in this thread is quite cheap (lol) wants a lot of phone support for free, forgets how to print an email & then I remote in quick & print it for him, etc., yet I lose him to these scam idiots for hundreds of dollars that he is willing to give them. The more I think about this, the more steamed I am about it.

I believe I'm going to place him in my "do not answer" list of clients... o_O

Last edited:
Exactly. The guy who I'm referencing in this thread is quite cheap (lol) wants a lot of phone support for free, forgets how to print an email & then I remote in quick & print it for him, etc., yet I lose him to these scam idiots for hundreds of dollers that he is willing to give them. The more I think about this, the more steamed I am about it.

I believe I'm going to place him in my "do not answer" list of clients... o_O
Rather than "do not answer" him, why not just tell him that there will be a charge for your services, whether it's on the phone or in the workshop?
You never know, he might agree and start paying! Lol

Client (or "ex-client") called a few minutes ago.

He had a "quick" issue for me to remote in to check out...something he goofed up on his own. I logged in, as I was curious to look around & see what the other "tech" had done to the system. Looked through every possible area, programs, running processes, etc., etc., and all I see is some version of Symantec protection of some sort installed. (lol)

After I addressed his issue, took 10 seconds, he made the remark..."Yeah, the computer runs better than it ever did..." :mad:

Okay, so that was the nail in the coffin for me. I pride myself on setting up the cleanest, fastest running systems out there, have serviced his pc several times in the past - so for him to make that remark is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have enough clients that respect my work, I don't need "his" type.

I'm done with this guy. :rolleyes:

No, you should do one more thing for him when he calls.... Then uninstall your remote support software from his system "Because clearly I'm not a good fit for you."

And the next time he calls, "Sorry, I can't help you - remember, as we discussed last time you called looking for free support, we're not a good fit and my remote support software is no longer on your PC."

No, you should do one more thing for him when he calls.... Then uninstall your remote support software from his system "Because clearly I'm not a good fit for you."

And the next time he calls, "Sorry, I can't help you - remember, as we discussed last time you called looking for free support, we're not a good fit and my remote support software is no longer on your PC."

Just to be certain that all traces of my "mediocre" work are removed from his system, I feel I should remote in & run "format c:"

You know, just to be sure that my remote software is completely removed from his system... :D

Reactions: GTP
I find it funny how they call my place of work with me answering "computer repair centre" and they still carry on with there script.

I keep them going and waste there time untill such time im fed up and they want access to my machine.

I see so many people who go along with it and pay them. I dont know how they sleep at night!

Back