WIA driver for Fujitsu Scansnap IX1600

tek9

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a customer, an auto body repair shop, that needs to integrate their Fujitsu Scansnap scanners into their estimating software. I've installed a few of these scanners around the office, connected to Wifi and it works well when using the Fujitsu ScanSnap home software. Now they're upgrading their estimating software and they want to integrate the scanners into it, allowing them to scan directly into the system without having to go through the Scansnap program.
I found out that Fujitsu doesn't use the industry standard scanning protocols, and they use their proprietary system that needs to use Scansnap Home. This means that the scanner doesn't even show as a connected device in Windows, so the estimating system can't see it as a connected scanner it can use.
I found a program called SnapTwain that makes a TWAIN driver for the IX1600 and it seems to work, but still Windows doesn't recognize it, presumably because it's looking for a WIA device. I could not find a WIA driver for the scanner, though.
Does anybody have any experience with these units and or WIA drivers to point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Back