Snappy Driver Installer

It's a shame that some IPS are blocking torrent traffic indiscriminately. If I were you I would try to get around it by masking torrent traffic. It's not like you're breaking any low or downloading pirated content.

Anaway, driverpacks are initially published on this website
http://driveroff.net/
http://driveroff.net/category/dp/
I suggest using Google Translate in order to be able to navigate the website.

I have a few news. Here're some highlights:
  • SDI now has it's own website: https://sdi-tool.org
  • The website has a brand new design.
  • A new version of SDI(R436) came out today. It will be available via torrent after updated driverpacks become available.
  • SDI no longer randomly cancels extracting of driverpacks shortly after downloading them. The problem was reported in this thread.
  • Improved experience working with unpacked drivers. The website has a script for unpacking driverpacks. It requires about 90GB of space, though.
  • Some other changes

I have a few news. Here're some highlights:
  • SDI now has it's own website: https://sdi-tool.org
  • The website has a brand new design.
  • A new version of SDI(R436) came out today. It will be available via torrent after updated driverpacks become available.
  • SDI no longer randomly cancels extracting of driverpacks shortly after downloading them. The problem was reported in this thread.
  • Improved experience working with unpacked drivers. The website has a script for unpacking driverpacks. It requires about 90GB of space, though.
  • Some other changes
I like the website, very clean and nice looking, good job!

Thanks for this! I've been using iObit driver Booster but that needs an internet connection, for which I have the most common drivers on my USB stick. I'm downloading SDI now. Looking forward to trying it!

@BadPointer
Would you consider adding this functionality to the program

1. Some drivers will not install when it unlocks the driver signature verification. In this case, the program returns an error (nei remember his number) and drivers will not install. However, after using the following command problem does not occur:

examle
C: \ Windows \ system32> bcdedit / set it testsigning

Can you introduce such an option, for the timely installation of the drivers turn on this feature, because not all users know that they need to do :)

2. Add options under the Protocol Torrent enter disable/enable sounds when downloading files

Would you consider using to perform the recovery point the following program:

http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator

I happened to that embedded solution is not always ended in success and the creation of a recovery point.

Full Source Code is available for review upon request.

thanks

1. Some drivers will not install when it unlocks the driver signature verification. In this case, the program returns an error (nei remember his number) and drivers will not install. However, after using the following command problem does not occur:

examle
C: \ Windows \ system32> bcdedit / set it testsigning

Can you introduce such an option, for the timely installation of the drivers turn on this feature, because not all users know that they need to do :)
SDI doesn't suggest installing unsigned driver unless no driver is installed and there are no better options. I'm not sure that enabling the test mode is a good idea, since it can compromise security.

2. Add options under the Protocol Torrent enter disable/enable sounds when downloading files
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Would you consider using to perform the recovery point the following program:

http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator

I happened to that embedded solution is not always ended in success and the creation of a recovery point.
SDI is a standalone/portable app which doesn't require any external dll/exe files. Also SDI is released under GPL and I'm not sure its licence is compatible with that of Restore Point Creator and how they can be integrated. SDI creates restore points by making a single call of Win32API function. I assume Restore Point Creator does the same thing, so I don't see the befits of adding an additional layer. I may be wrong but it looks like Restore Point Creator is a frontend(GUI for managing restore points) and the actual work is performed by Windows.

By the way, SDI doesn't actually install any driver itself. Once it picks and extracts drivers, SDI calls a Win32API function that does the job on behalf of SDI.

SDI doesn't suggest installing unsigned driver unless no driver is installed and there are no better options. I'm not sure that enabling the test mode is a good idea, since it can compromise security.
Past few weeks there have been some drives that appear to install and then get flagged by windows as unsigned and they don't load. Had to find an older driver in the menus to find a signed one that would install. Not a biggie but does halt the automation. Not sure why Windows is rejecting the drivers.

Past few weeks there have been some drives that appear to install and then get flagged by windows as unsigned and they don't load. Had to find an older driver in the menus to find a signed one that would install. Not a biggie but does halt the automation. Not sure why Windows is rejecting the drivers.
I suggest sending me logs, so that I could investigate it.

Just downloaded this app and have to admit, waited for something like this for a while, thanks @BadPointer. Simple app and straight to the point. Love the way the drivers are structured in 7z format. I can't code but if I can help in any way, let me know. Maybe test a new ver. in a VM environment. Will seed as long as i can.

Same here, i've had some issues with USB3.0 drivers, where it assumed they were installed and working but every time i pluged in a usb stick ou external hdd it didn't recognized it.
Had to install the drivers from the manufacturer website and worked like a charm, besides that it's an excellent tool :)

Same here, i've had some issues with USB3.0 drivers, where it assumed they were installed and working but every time i pluged in a usb stick ou external hdd it didn't recognized it.
Had to install the drivers from the manufacturer website and worked like a charm, besides that it's an excellent tool :)
I suggest submitting logs and drivers to me, so that the issue could be resolved in the future.

Back